Friday, May 2, 2014

my beautiful son.



Your hospital pictures. Awe. They melt me. You were only two days old. Your hands stayed balled up and held tight. Your fingernails were so sharp and grew daily. Literally. Your feet were big. Everyone talked about them. You weren't fond of them being touched. Your toes were long like Daddy's. You had my upper lip. Your birth mark was hidden on the back of your neck in your hair line. Again, like Daddy's. Everyone said you looked like Uncle Brian and Daddy. Some said they had no idea. You had so much hair - the look of golden blonde with hence of red through many off. I'll admit, at times it looked red, at times it looked blonde. Daddy and Grandma Ellen went back and forth everyday on what color your hair was. They had fun with it. Me, I didn't care. You were so perfect. I could not believe you were mine. Ours. I  could not believe I was your mother. At night, I could not take my eyes off of you. That still happens three months later. I love/d to watch you sleep. All the world was so busy with so much to see, so much to learn but the most person site was seeing you sleep on me. It was your favorite place and instantly became my favorite place for you. You are a love that is indescribable. You are the most perfect thing in the world. You are my beautiful son.



No comments:

Post a Comment